- 1 chocolate cookie crust (I used an Oreo one but you could certainly make your own; make a graham cracker crust recipe, just substitute chocolate wafers or oreo cookies)
- 1 bottle of Smucker's Magic Shell (Chocolate Fudge)
- 1 16-oz container Cool Whip, thawed
- 1 cup Breyer's Chocolate Chip ice cream, softened
- 3 cup Breyer's Fat-free Vanilla ice cream (which is amazingly healthy AND tasty!), softened
- blue food coloring -- about 5 drops or more, depending on how blue you'd like it
- pure mint extract -- 1 tsp
Place whipped topping, ice creams, mint extract in a bowl and mix together completely. Add blue food coloring, a drop at a time, until the mixture is a cool-blue shade (think toothpaste).
Whip all together completely and pour into chilled crust. Squirt remaining Magic Shell across top of pie -- I used just about the whole bottle on this, but you can certainly use less if you're not as into chocolate as we are!
Chill pie for at least 4 hours, or till solid. Remove from freezer about 5 (if a WARM day like we had) or 10 minutes before serving and serve up slices.
It is SOOOO good .... guess what I'm having for lunch today?
So Happy Birthday, Blessed Mother and please pray for us all!