- the prophecy of Simeon the flight into Egypt
- the loss of the Child Jesus in the Jerusalem
- the meeting of Our Lord on the way to Calvary
- the standing at the foot of the Cross
- the taking down of Our Lord from the Cross
- the burial of Our Lord
This feast celebrates and shows that Mary was steadfast ... never forgetting her faith in God's love and mercy ... even through these horrific times.
Please God, may I always remain steadfast in my faith, no matter the trials and tribulations! Holy Mother, pray for me and mine that we may always walk the path of sorrows that lead to the path of True Joy!