- on my needles: I have just started another project for the Knit Picks Independent Designer Program; the "Season-spanning Cardi" and the "Felted Fair-Isle Yarn Basket" should be up on the Knit Picks's site soon. I just finished "Memories of Eire" ... a vest in a gorgeous dark heathery green that was wonderful to knit. I just have to finish drafting the pattern, and that will go out this week. I'm putting the finishing touches on "Fisherman's Jacket for the Boys" and will hopefully send that out at the end of the week. I have a few other projects backed up .... and some submission out for approval.
- more knitting: I've opened a Ravelry store and started posting some of my designs -- some freebies and some for sale. Check 'em out and see what you think....
- on the craft table: SEWING projects have still not gotten started but they WILL get done this week; String Bean and I need the fun skirts, dresses and capris we'll be sewing.
- on the kitchen counter: we're trying to eat more fresh fruits and vegetables ... so this past weekend we made Celeste's famous beet salad (finally got the recipe from the dear woman!) and onion soup. I'm going to take the greens from the beets and saute them in bacon grease (after I've fried-up crisp bacon) along with some grape-tomatoes and serve it all over whole-wheat thin spaghetti. Doesn't that sound great? With Kotch home for a while this summer .... we'll be having fun experimenting with food-stuffs for dinner this week ...
- Greek festival is our end-of-the-week destination! Talk about nurturing creativity -- music, food, crafts, lots of great non-typical stuff to enliven our family conversations
- in the garden: we've had lots of rain 'round these parts and the garden is bursting -- all the transplants are going well and the seeds are popping up with lots of greenery and hints of later color.
- more in the yard: we're designing a modular tree house that we'll add to bit-by-bit to make a "castle for the kids". We've had to put the construction on hold with all the rain ... but we do have the railed-platform up and dh will be building the ladder on the screened-in porch to best the rain
- in the school-room: we'll continue thru the summer on a lower-gear with readin'-ritin'-rithmetic to ensure a smooth transition next Fall. We'll enroll in the summer reading program at our library and be doing special projects throughout the summer (including taking a class or two down at a nearby farm). Also, a group of homeschooled kids are getting together a version of "The Twelve Dancing Princesses". All three little ones are in it ... and we'll be practicing all summer long. String Bean will also, God willing, start piano this summer while the boys have started fencing.
- miscellaneous creative pursuits: our friend's dog finally went into heat and we're hoping to spend much of the summer visiting our future family pet! Mini-schnauzers are beautiful and full of life (these will be raised in a house full of kids so will be very used to the active-ness of little ones) ... while being small enough so that even dh is fine about it!
moving again ...
5 years ago