Pages

Monday, January 11, 2010

St. Therese says it all ...


As I mentioned in an earlier post, my personal motto for the year is a quote from St. Therese.  Known as the Little Flower, St. Therese is inspiring in her simplicity and love of Jesus.  Here is a link to a beautiful post by a good friend who, God willing, in 2010 will enter the Dominican Congregation of St. Cecilia (aka, Nashville Dominicans).  Karen did what I do all the time .. took a simple thought and made it into a bigger, more stressful post than it needed to be.  This link is the result of her self-awareness....

St. Therese tells us quite simply:
Our Lord needs from us neither great deeds nor profound thoughts. Neither intelligence nor talents. He cherishes simplicity.
I need to remember this in all things ... particularly in pushing my kids to excel or in stressing myself out over the unimportant minutiae of the day.  I really need to memorize her Story of a Soul!

St. Therese, please pray for us all ... that we remember to stress the right things and not stress over the wrong things! 

No comments:

Post a Comment