Pages

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Hey all you knitters ... a preview and jump on Easter knitting ...

As many of you know, I write the handcrafts column for the quarterly Catholic homeschool magazine, mater et magistra.  I'm just putting the finishing touches on the column for the Spring 2011 issue, an issue with a large chunk of editorial space devoted to Easter celebrations. 

Whenever I write the column, I try and include a bit of knitting content and this column is no exception.  In fact, I created a design just for Easter:  a set of nested fabric baskets knit using a re-purposed sheet cut into strips.  To get a free copy of the pattern, subscribe to this wonderful magazine ... if you just can't wait till then, I have the pattern available for immediate download from my Raverly store ($4.00 for the design with all info necessary to recreate this one-of-a-kind Easter decoration). 

 


Of course these baskets would be wonderful for a new baby's room, or powder room, or wherever you want a splash of color and distinction.  [I'm thinking of making seasonal sets as well as a set that will coordinate with the dining room decor!]

No comments:

Post a Comment