Reading: read-alouds keyed to history/science/whatever strikes our fancy. I don't like to pre-plan read-alouds as I find that the good ones "find" us ...
- Hillside's Primary Language Lessons -- Bam-bam
- Hillside's Intermediate Language Lessons -- String Bean
- Hillside's Intermediate Language Lessons - grade 6th supplement (which is at the end of ILL that String Bean will use) -- Lego Maniac
- First Sacrament prep -- Bam-bam (separate resource listing) -- his study will include extensive usage of the Faith Folders from Lapbooks for Catholics -- as well as creating his own missal and other activities similar to his sibligns' work)
- bi-weekly Saint reports using Amy Welborn's books:
- All Ye Lands (world history/geography)
- Knowledge Quest's Map Trek (the Complete Collection) -- atlas and outline maps of World History (with lesson plans, too!).
- CHC Middle School lesson plans (includes plans for using All Ye Lands)
- History of Science (Beautiful Feet study)
- The New Way Things Work
- nature study (once per week botany)
- icons: the art and meaning behind these works of art using: A Brush With God: An Icon Workbook and Another Brush with God: Further Conversations About Icons both by Peter Pearson.