Pages

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Yarn-along: February 9th edition ...

With this yarn-along, I can FINALLY say that I am FINALLY finished with "Victoria's Tee" (formerly named "Victoria's Tank" but String Bean and I are planning a tea party for her bday so tee/tea is on my mind)  ... all is done but the blocking, photographing in situ, and writing up the design.  I think it turned out nicely, don't you?
On my needles now is the cashmere vest ... I've got the pattern all charted out, casted-on and now the knitting begins.  This is similar to the Snow on the Mountains designs but since I can NEVER repeat, I've changed it slightly just for this design. 
On the reading front:  the kids and I are finishing up The Book of Story Beginnings ... a wonderful read-aloud and exciting story that proves the value of writing good beginnings for a great ending!  Waiting underneath is the classic The Pushcart War ... I remember really enjoying this when I was younger and someone's mention of it the other day reminded me that I hadn't yet read it to my kids.  We will remedy that as soon as The Book of Story Beginnings is done.

For my personal reading I've got two books just starting up:  The Mountains Bow Down is one I'm reading to review for Thomas Nelson Books and Sweater Quest: my year of knitting dangerously is just for me as I've heard great things about it (and it's about knitting so why not give it a shot!)

So how is your knitting/reading adventure evolving this week?  Head on over to Ginny's and check out the links to some wonderful folks' activities!
 

5 comments:

  1. It is lovely, really truly beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful! I love how it turned out!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The tee is beautiful. Planning a birthday tea party sounds like such fun. You have my interest peaked with The Book of Story Beginnings.

    Thanks for stopping by today.

    Blessings, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mary, I read Sweater Quest last year on a flight home from Boston. I learned some interesting things about knitting and Fair Isle, but I found the author to be unlikeable. I just finished two knitting projects today! I finally blocked the smoke ring I made over a year ago and the Thorpe hat for Luke...did not like the earflaps on that hat!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply gorgeous! I like the title of the knitting book - I'll have to see if I can find it!

    ReplyDelete